Fresh Palak or Spinach is widely used in cooking of dishes like Dal, Vegetable Curries or often used as an ingredient in Sandwiches, Salads and Soups for a delectable taste. It is a highly nutritious leafy vegetable which contain high amounts of Vitamins, Iron and Calcium. Nature Jar tells you why Popeye chugged these vitamin-rich leafy greens straight from … I’d argue that you need both fresh and frozen spinach on hand at all times.
Here are 14 of the healthiest leafy green vegetables to include in your diet. Kale. Kale is considered one of the most nutrient-dense vegetables on the planet due to its many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Micro greens. Broccoli. Collard Greens. Spinach. Cabbage. Beet Greens. Watercress
Some of the health benefits of Fresh Spinach are given below.
- Excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folate as well as being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2.
- Spinach leaves benefits in weight reduction as it is low in calories and fat. It is very nutritious and has a good quality of fat soluble dietary fibre.
- Spinach contains antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin in plentiful which protect the eye from cataracts and age related macular degeneration
- Spinach is rich in vitamin K which is vital for maintaining bone health.
- Hypertension or high blood pressure is responsible for causing kidney disease, heart ailments and stroke.
- Spinach keeps the body relaxed and completely stress free. It contains tremendous amounts of zinc and magnesium which enable you to sleep better at night, thus making way for more effective healing.
- Consuming more of spinach promotes gastrointestinal health. The beta-carotene and vitamin C present in it protect the cells of the body’s colon from the harmful effects of free radicals.
- Spinach maintains proper brain functioning specially during old age.
- Excessive fat deposition can cause thickening of the human artery wall resulting in Atherosclerosis.
- Peptides contained in spinach are effective in lowering blood pressure as they inhibit the angiotensin I-converting enzyme
- Spinach contains Neoxanthin and violaxanthin, the two anti-inflammatory epoxyxanthophylls that regulate inflammation. Thus, it is beneficial in preventing inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, osteoporosis, migraine headaches and asthma.