bottle groud or Calabash is used in the preparation of various curries in Indian Cuisine. It is chopped into pieces and added in curries to savour along with hot rice or rotis.
Our bottle groud has light green smooth skin and a white flesh and weighs average of 1.2 kg. Bottle Gourd is also known as lauki / dudhi in India and Calabash in Europe & Americas is used widely in India, Japanese and Chinese dishes. The myriad of health benefits of Dudhi makes it a very popular vegetable in India.
Some of the health benefits of bottle groud are given below.
- Bottle gourd is high in dietary fibre, vitamain C, Riboflavin, Zinc, Thiamine, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese etc.
- It is also low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
- It is considered to be useful in conditions of constipation, urinary disorders, excessive thirst due to severe diarrhoea, diabetes.
- Promotes Weight Loss.
- Helps Digestion And Treats Constipation.
- Provides Cooling Effect
- Treats Urinary Problems:
- Treats Sleeping Disorders
- Replenishes Loss Of Water Content
- Keeps The Heart Healthy
- Reduces Inflammation Of Liver